News and Announcements
Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year! Our first meet at Ocean Breeze went well and the coaching staff was most proud of how the athletes represented Emmaus High School during the meet. Here is the link to official results with splits:
Winter Track Practice resumes on Friday 1/3/20 and simply click on the calendar tab above for all information regarding future practices.
Our second indoor meet will be held this Saturday, Collegeville High School Meet at Ursinus College on 1/4/20. Meet at 7am for 7:15am departure for those attending.
Spring track sign-ups will be held on Tuesday Feb 4, after school in the Cafeteria. Students MUST sign up in order to tryout.
Looking ahead – BJ’s fundraising night for Track will be held on Jan 28! More to come…..
The weather has thrown us a curve this December, but we have adjusted well. The EHS staff has been gracious and supportive in allowing us to utilize indoor hallways and facilities for practice. A few things:
1. SPIRIT WEAR IS IN! Will be delivered Wednesday, 12/18/19 after practice. If there are any issues, please contact our coordinator Trish Brown at email@example.com.
2. JINGLE BELL RELAYS AND COOKIES will be held on Friday 12/20/19 after school 11:15 – 2:00pm. We have the aux gym and sports center area. We do not want the athletes waiting outside in the cold, so we will make sure to organize event groups. I will also have the field house open during trials. Still, please be sure to dress appropriately.
3. No practice over Holiday Break, unfortunately. But the athletes have been instructed in plenty of workouts he/she is expected to continue. Call up a friend and train together!
4. First indoor meet at Ocean Breeze on Monday 12/30/19 is set and Ursinus is just a few days after 1/4/20 which is due tomorrow, Wednesday 12/18/19. There are still 2 other meets at the end of January for opportunities to compete, and a qualifying meet in February.
5. SPRING TRACK SIGN UPS WILL BE HELD ON Tuesday Feb 4 in the cafeteria after school. Athletes must sign up in order to tryout for the team. Physicals at the school will be held on Wed Feb 12, impact testing dates to come. All athletes must have a physical turned in and impact testing complete. The calendar is already posted for the spring season so avoid any vacations or conflicts.
6. Final roster attached below.
Wishing all a happy and healthy holiday break,
Updated roster is attached at the bottom. Please review. We currently have 176 students who are part of our winter track club! A few need to turn in intramural consents or complete the consent you turned in.
Weather looks a bit unsettled the next 2 weeks. It is very likely we will be indoors this week, but please come prepared either way. We had 120 students at practice today. For our first indoor practice, the coaches were impressed with your cooperation. Thank you! Please keep it up and remember the “Circle of Trust,” as our school supports our program by allowing us to utilize hallways and indoors with large numbers of students.
Time trials Jingle Bell Relays and Cookies, will be held on Friday 12/20/19! I was able to get approved access to the aux gym after school, so we should be able to adequately measure speed, jumps/vault, and hurdles to some degree, even if the weather does not cooperate. The following events will be tested:
100/110 high hurdles (half stacked) – indoors only has high hurdles. We will test 300 hurdles at a later date
Long Jump/Broad Jump
Stair test (if indoors)
Shot Put/Jav/Discus per weather and Coach Petre
Ocean Breeze indoor meet permission slips are due THIS WEDNESDAY 12/11/19! Please bring with payment and drop off to Coach Susens room 418. DO NOT TURN IN WITHOUT PAYMENT. After I receive all, we will discuss event entries for each of you. So far, 13/52 have turned them in.
See you Wednesday!
Bravo to you all for being so cooperative with such a large group of athletes. We had over 150 athletes participate in practice today, which is certainly a record. A few things:
1. Weight room – went fairly well today, except the GOLDEN RULE is to leave the weight room the same way it looked when you entered. All dumbbells and equipment must be placed back where it was located. Please be considerate as it has taken a long time for us to utilize the weight room again. We are gracious for the time we have, and want to take care of it.
**Weight room times are: Wednesdays 2:40-3:15pm and Fridays 4:30-5:15 pm. Whoever attended today on 12/4 should plan on attending after practice on Friday.
2. For Friday practice, please do not bring any forms or fees. Instead, place them in the box in Coach Susen’s room, 418.
3. Dress warm! You can always remove layers/hats/apparel if you get hot. Friday looks amazing, 47 degrees, but it is still cold.
4. Small item apparel will be for sale again on Friday, by our booster club table, items $5-20. Most items are $5, except hats and headbands. Great Christmas presents!
5. Please check the attached roster. If your name or grade is not correct or any issues, please remind text Coach Kami.
More to come and GREAT JOB today!
“Work hard, be prepared, and have fun!”
As much as I was hoping we would be able to start winter track on Monday 12/2, the weather does not look ideal, especially for travel reasons with no school. So, there will no NO PRACTICE on 12/2 and our first practice will be Wednesday 12/4.
Forms can still be turned into Coach Susens room 418, with booster club $. After your forms are received you will be placed on the winter track roster. Attached are names of students who have turned in forms.
Weightlifting will take place on Wednesday 12/4 immediately after school 2:30-3:15pm. Juniors, Seniors, ALL throwers and pole vaulters are eligible to begin weightlifting on this day. Additional students will be added in the weeks to come. The weightlifting schedule will continue through spring track in May.
If you get a message to switch remind groups, it’s due to # of participant restrictions placed now with remind. All messages will be sent out to all remind groups. It’s just a formality, sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.
The coaching staff looks forward to starting the season!