News and Announcements
Jingle Bell Relays were a success! Kudos to all who were brave enough to test out their racing skills. Friday 12/21/18 practice is ON, and looks like the rain should stop with 60 degree temperatures!
1. Armory athletes must attend at least at the beginning of practice to pick up uniforms and information.
2. Armory athletes in relays will spend Friday on relay exchanges.
3. This is the last practice in the year 2018, so make sure to check your email over winter break! I will post workout suggestions over the weekend for over break.
4. As always, email me with any questions.
Due to the weather forecast and soaking rains coming our way for Friday, we will move up the Jingle Bell Relays to Wednesday 12/19/18. Here’s what to expect:
Students will participate in a 4×200 m, 4×400m or 4×800 m relay, based on their choice, as follows:
*3:25 pm – 4×800 m relay
3:40 pm – 4×200 m relay
3:55 pm – 4×400 m relay
*Throwers will be doing test shot put throws after they return from lifting. *
Students will sign up for the relay(s) he/she would like to participate in at the beginning of practice.
1. Very impressed with the 400 time trials today! Many of you already achieved the qualifying time to make the spring track team! Keep up the good speedy work!
2. Jingle Bell relays the following Friday 12/21/18. However, we will keep an eye on the weather and can adjust the day next week if necessary. This will be time trials for all, including a few “fun” relays…..and cookies! Right now, it looks like we may be moving to Wednesday.
3. Please remember to sign-in before practice to earn your chick-fila points. :) (more info to come)
4. Emmaus Winter Track Hat and Headband sale next Wednesday 12/19/18! Please click on document below for details.
Kudos on a great first week of winter track! I’m hearing many of you are sore, so make sure to ice and get some rest this weekend. Saturday practice is for distance runners only and be prepared for a track workout. See you all again on Monday! Bring sweatshirts, hats and gloves to each practice.
What a great first day of winter track practice with 142 students attending! The coaches were throughly impressed by your cooperation and hard work today! Each and every one of you made a positive first impression. Circuits are fun, right?
Here are some details to remember:
1. DRESS WARM -IT WILL BE MUCH COLDER THE REST OF THE WEEK. HATS/GLOVES/SWEATS
2. MONDAY AND WEDNESDAYS ARE FOR ALL EVENT GROUPS – EXPECT A GROUP WORKOUT AGAIN, THEN WILL BREAK
OUT INTO EVENT GROUPS.
3. FRIDAY PRACTICE IS FOR ALL GROUPS, EXCEPT DISTANCE
4. SATURDAY PRACTICE IS FOR DISTANCE ONLY
5. MEETING FOR THOSE PARTICIPATING IN THE FIRST INDOOR MEET ON 12/29/18 ON WEDNESDAY AFTER PRACTICE AT
4:30-4:40 PM. IT WILL BE QUICK. COACH KAMI HAS SPOKEN TO THESE STUDENTS ALREADY.
6. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR WATER BOTTLES AND CLOTHES AFTER PRACTICE. COACH KAMI THREW AWAY ABOUT 5
EMPTY/HALF WATER BOTTLES AND MULTIPLE PIECES OF CLOTHING LEFT ON THE TRACK.