News and Announcements
Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous New Year! Congratulations to all students who participated in the Armory meet this past weekend, as it was simply AWESOME watching you all compete at such a high level! A few reminders:
1. Winter track practice is tomorrow, after school, as usual 2:45pm – 4:30 pm. Throwers only should plan on going to the weight room right after school until 3:45 pm, then will go to track until 5pm working with Coach Oksana.
2. There will be an additional practice on THURSDAY this week only for all, since we will not have practice on Friday due to the ESU meet. Those students going to the ESU meet should plan on attending to solidify entries and have a pre-meet practice.
3. NO PRACTICE ON SATURDAY 1/5/19 (due to the ESU meet on Friday night)
4. Practice resumes as normal next week.
Link to Live results:
Happy Holidays to you all! Sending warm felt wishes to you and your families, taking time to relax and appreciate all the beauty and gifts in our lives.
1. We will not be holding an organized practice this week of break. Please continue training this week!
2. If you do not have a uniform and are attending the Armory meet, please email Coach Kami ASAP.
3. If you are attending the East Stroudsburg meet, which is the Friday night, right after returning from break on 1/4/19 , you must fill out the field trip permission form and mail with payment to Coach Kami per the email instructions.
4. Practice resumes when you return to school Wednesday January 2. There is an additional practice on the schedule for Thursday January 3 for those athletes attending East Stroudsburg meet to prepare. Practice is cancelled for distance Saturday January 5.
Jingle Bell Relays were a success! Kudos to all who were brave enough to test out their racing skills. Friday 12/21/18 practice is ON, and looks like the rain should stop with 60 degree temperatures!
1. Armory athletes must attend at least at the beginning of practice to pick up uniforms and information.
2. Armory athletes in relays will spend Friday on relay exchanges.
3. This is the last practice in the year 2018, so make sure to check your email over winter break! I will post workout suggestions over the weekend for over break.
4. As always, email me with any questions.
Due to the weather forecast and soaking rains coming our way for Friday, we will move up the Jingle Bell Relays to Wednesday 12/19/18. Here’s what to expect:
Students will participate in a 4×200 m, 4×400m or 4×800 m relay, based on their choice, as follows:
*3:25 pm – 4×800 m relay
3:40 pm – 4×200 m relay
3:55 pm – 4×400 m relay
*Throwers will be doing test shot put throws after they return from lifting. *
Students will sign up for the relay(s) he/she would like to participate in at the beginning of practice.