News and Announcements
1. Very impressed with the 400 time trials today! Many of you already achieved the qualifying time to make the spring track team! Keep up the good speedy work!
2. Jingle Bell relays the following Friday 12/21/18. However, we will keep an eye on the weather and can adjust the day next week if necessary. This will be time trials for all, including a few “fun” relays…..and cookies! Right now, it looks like we may be moving to Wednesday.
3. Please remember to sign-in before practice to earn your chick-fila points. :) (more info to come)
4. Emmaus Winter Track Hat and Headband sale next Wednesday 12/19/18! Please click on document below for details.
Kudos on a great first week of winter track! I’m hearing many of you are sore, so make sure to ice and get some rest this weekend. Saturday practice is for distance runners only and be prepared for a track workout. See you all again on Monday! Bring sweatshirts, hats and gloves to each practice.
What a great first day of winter track practice with 142 students attending! The coaches were throughly impressed by your cooperation and hard work today! Each and every one of you made a positive first impression. Circuits are fun, right?
Here are some details to remember:
1. DRESS WARM -IT WILL BE MUCH COLDER THE REST OF THE WEEK. HATS/GLOVES/SWEATS
2. MONDAY AND WEDNESDAYS ARE FOR ALL EVENT GROUPS – EXPECT A GROUP WORKOUT AGAIN, THEN WILL BREAK
OUT INTO EVENT GROUPS.
3. FRIDAY PRACTICE IS FOR ALL GROUPS, EXCEPT DISTANCE
4. SATURDAY PRACTICE IS FOR DISTANCE ONLY
5. MEETING FOR THOSE PARTICIPATING IN THE FIRST INDOOR MEET ON 12/29/18 ON WEDNESDAY AFTER PRACTICE AT
4:30-4:40 PM. IT WILL BE QUICK. COACH KAMI HAS SPOKEN TO THESE STUDENTS ALREADY.
6. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR WATER BOTTLES AND CLOTHES AFTER PRACTICE. COACH KAMI THREW AWAY ABOUT 5
EMPTY/HALF WATER BOTTLES AND MULTIPLE PIECES OF CLOTHING LEFT ON THE TRACK.
Winter Track begins on Monday, December 3. Please go to the sports center by 2:45pm, and sign in on the clipboard of your PRIMARY event group. (Sprints, Distance, Jumps, Hurdles, Throws, Pole Vault). I ask you for patience and understanding as there has been a high number of students who have signed up to participate. All groups will be learning the dynamic warm up and participating in a “special” introductory workout, applicable to all. Be prepared to be outside all week, bringing warm clothes, gloves, hats, etc.
ANY STUDENT WHO DOES NOT TURN HIS/HER INTRAMURAL PARENT SIGNED CONSENT FORM WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE. NO EXCEPTIONS. ANYONE WHO PARTICIPATES WITHOUT THE CONSENT WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CLUB.
Warm-up distribution went well! Thank you to all who were patient with this process. If you did not order or receive a warm-up, we will distribute the rest on the first day of Winter Track.
Personal data forms for winter track were due last week, as Coach Susens will not be in school this week. However, since there was no school on Friday, you may still turn them in the BLUE folder located in Coach Susens room, 418, by Tuesday 11/20/18. Intramural consent forms can be turned in at any time between now and December 3.