News and Announcements
A few reminders:
1. All forms, including either Physical or Recertification form (need one or the other), must be turned into the Athletic Office this week in order to participate in Spring Track tryouts. Forms can be picked up in the Athletic office or printed off from the “documents” section of this website.
2. Physicals will be held TUESDAY 2/26/19 after school in the cafeteria, same schedule.
3. IMPACT testing was held last week. However, there is still one more option to get IMPACT testing done:
Thursday 2/28/19 – at LMMS computer lab (NOT EHS!) at 5:00 pm
4. The pre-season Track and Field Booster Club meeting will be held this Thursday 2/28/19 at the Superior Diner in Emmaus!
5. Daily practice this week, Monday – Friday for all. No Saturday practice. It will be cold, so athletes should dress warm! Practice will end by 4:00 pm with the forecasted temps.
6. Tryouts will begin on Monday March 4, 2019. All forms must be turned in this week in order to be on the tryout list. There is a very large number of athletes on the track team, so the responsibility is on each athlete to take care of the following items this week:
A. Physical completed and signed or recertification form signed and turned into Athletic Office
B. Personal data form turned into the Athletic Office
C. IMPACT testing complete
D. Review the try out process, daily schedule, and automatic qualifying marks located under “documents.”
7. The coaching staff is extremely excited to get the season started! Good luck to all athletes as he/she prepares for the season.
Although there should be lots of melting today, it’s still too questionable with safety to hold practice today 2/21. IMPACT testing is for those 9th and 11th graders who have not already had the test, which is today after school 3:00 pm in rooms 375 and 377.
Physicals will be rescheduled for next week, and I will send out date and details as soon as it’s known.
Keep training on your own!
Winter track will now hold daily practices after school 2:45 – 4:00 pm Tuesday – Friday this week, and Monday -Friday next week to prepare for tryouts, unless there are weather related changes or school closures. Continue to follow the website and twitter for any cancellations.
Reminder: ALL SPRING TRACK FORMS ARE TO BE TURNED INTO THE ATHLETIC OFFICE, NOT THE COACHES. FORMS AND PHYSICALS ARE DUE PRIOR TO TRACK TRYOUTS. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO HAVE FORMS TURNED IN BY 2/25/19 TO ENSURE YOU ARE CLEARED FOR TRYOUTS.
PHYSICALS WILL BE HELD WEDNESDAY 2/20/19 AFTER SCHOOL IN THE CAFE:
3:40 PM – BOYS TRACK AND FIELD
4:30 PM – GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD
IMPACT TESTING WILL BE THURSDAY 2/21/19 FOR TRACK AND FIELD AT 3PM IN ROOMS 375 AND 377.
Winter track practice is on for tomorrow, Friday 2/15! Temps look to be in the 50’s which will lead to a great workout!
Mother nature is just not cooperating! No winter track, No weight training, and no physicals today 2/13/19. Physicals will be rescheduled for another time, likely next week. Stay tuned!