News and Announcements
EHS TRACK & FIELD TEAM!!!After 2 years, tomorrow, we return to Track & Field competition. Be sure to take a moment tomorrow and just take it all in. Enjoy the process and the opportunity to compete. We take 1 day at a time, as we don’t know what the next will bring. Be sure to hydrate, stretch, roll, and fuel properly in these last 24 hours to prepare for your competition. It has been a joy to coach you all, and we are eager to watch you compete. We had to adjust arrival times a bit, so please see times below. Warm-ups can’t be done as a team anymore, so when you arrive, warm up when you are scheduled to compete. Coaches can not do screenings after 2:40pm as we need to focus on coaching for the meet.
Sprinters and Hurdlers arrive 2:10pm for screens
Distance and Pole Vault arrives 2:20 pm for screens
Throwers, Jumpers, and Development 2:30pm for screens
Meet begins at 3:30 pm
EPSD Stadium Events (Track and Field) Spectator Policy
- All attendees must adhere to 6 foot distancing, family pods should sit
- Everyone must wear a mask, no exceptions unless eating or drinking
- Admittance is limited to family members of the athletes
- Use the entire facility and all available seating areas
- If you are experiencing anything potentially related to COVID-19, do not
attend the event
*Gates will open 30 minutes prior to the scheduled contest
- If you leave the venue, you are not permitted to return
- Spectators must leave the facility immediately at the completion of the
- If you are waiting for a player, wait for them in your vehicle in the
- Absolutely no congregating permitted anywhere on campus at any time
- Modified concessions will be available
- If you need to use the restroom, we encourage you to use them at
unpopular times during the event
For Monday 3/22, UNIFORM DISTRIBUTION will be held in the Sports Center in the following waves. PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE YOUR TIME BELOW. Please get dropped off by the tennis courts and refrain from entering the Sports Center until the time below. Do not get dropped off at the Sports Center Circle, due to the safety of the athletes.
2:40pm – Girls Throws
2:45 – Girls Distance
2:50 – Girls Sprinters
2:55 – Girls Hurdlers and Pole vault
3:00 – Girls Jumps and Development
3:05 – Boys Throws
3:10 – Boys Distance
3:15 – Boys Sprints
3:20 – Boys Hurdlers and Pole vault
3:25 – Boys Jumps and Development
- Tomorrow night, Wednesday 3/17 at 7:00 pm, please join us for a brief introduction of the 2021 Track & Field Coaching Staff and amazing Booster Club in a virtual meeting! We will also have shoe wear/spike information to share, and will be available to answer questions about the Track & Field season. Zoom link was sent via email.
- This season is surely like no other, and we realize it may be a bit overwhelming. We will try to keep this meeting to 45 minutes to 1 hour max.
- As a head’s up, practice on Monday 3/22 will be at 2:45pm – 5:45 pm for all athletes as we are distributing uniforms and taking individual and team pictures. This is a process, so actual workout/practice time won’t begin until 4:15pm. If athletes have prior commitments, and can not stay beyond 4:30 pm, it’s OK. Please communicate with your event coaches prior to Monday. Next week’s weather looks glorious, enjoyable, and in the 60’s! It shouldn’t be too hard to stick around.
The EHS Track & Field staff couldn’t have asked for better weather or a better turnout for 2021 Spring Track Tryouts! Bravo to all athletes for your cooperation!
Reminder for Friday 3/12/21: GIRLS arrive at 2:45pm for screens then practice/announcement of roster
BOYS arrive at 4:00pm for screens then practice/announcement of roster
*Please do not arrive BEFORE these times*
Starting Saturday 3/13/21: Saturday practices are “optional” for all event groups 10am-12pm
Starting Monday 3/15/21, practice times will be as follows:
2:45pm- 4:30pm Sprints, Jumps, Development
4:00pm arrival – 5:45pm – Distance, Throwers, Pole vaulters, Hurdlers