News and Announcements
- Tomorrow night, Wednesday 3/17 at 7:00 pm, please join us for a brief introduction of the 2021 Track & Field Coaching Staff and amazing Booster Club in a virtual meeting! We will also have shoe wear/spike information to share, and will be available to answer questions about the Track & Field season. Zoom link was sent via email.
- This season is surely like no other, and we realize it may be a bit overwhelming. We will try to keep this meeting to 45 minutes to 1 hour max.
- As a head’s up, practice on Monday 3/22 will be at 2:45pm – 5:45 pm for all athletes as we are distributing uniforms and taking individual and team pictures. This is a process, so actual workout/practice time won’t begin until 4:15pm. If athletes have prior commitments, and can not stay beyond 4:30 pm, it’s OK. Please communicate with your event coaches prior to Monday. Next week’s weather looks glorious, enjoyable, and in the 60’s! It shouldn’t be too hard to stick around.
The EHS Track & Field staff couldn’t have asked for better weather or a better turnout for 2021 Spring Track Tryouts! Bravo to all athletes for your cooperation!
Reminder for Friday 3/12/21: GIRLS arrive at 2:45pm for screens then practice/announcement of roster
BOYS arrive at 4:00pm for screens then practice/announcement of roster
*Please do not arrive BEFORE these times*
Starting Saturday 3/13/21: Saturday practices are “optional” for all event groups 10am-12pm
Starting Monday 3/15/21, practice times will be as follows:
2:45pm- 4:30pm Sprints, Jumps, Development
4:00pm arrival – 5:45pm – Distance, Throwers, Pole vaulters, Hurdlers
Spring track tryouts begin tomorrow! Girls only tomorrow/Monday, report to the EPSD Track Stadium at 2:45pm to get screened, and you will then place your belongings in the bleachers and can sit, socially distanced. There is plenty of space. Boys only report on Tuesday, same time. WEAR YOUR MASK! We will direct you once everyone arrives and is screened. Watch for an email around 7pm tonight with more details! See you Monday or Tuesday!
MONDAY GIRLS ONLY 2:45 – 5:30pm
TUESDAY BOYS ONLY 2:45 – 5:30 pm
WEDNESDAY GIRLS ONLY 2:45 – 5:30 pm
THURSDAY BOYS ONLY 2:45 – 5:30 pm
FRIDAY BOTH per our schedule
SATURDAY optional practice 10am-12pm
We decided to cancel winter track practice tomorrow, Friday, March 5 due to real feel temps being in the 20’s with the wind chill. We had an awesome day on Wednesday, with temps in the 50’s, so we will end winter track club on that note. Keep sending the warm sunny vibes to the snow to melt the last little bit left on the track/turf.
Monday is the big day, the start of the spring season! Check your email for details. There is a virtual zoom scheduled for tomorrow, Friday to review PIAA guidance and any last minute questions you may have. The coaches are so excited to start the season on Monday!!!! Girls start Monday and Boys start Tuesday. See the tryout schedule in the previous announcement for details.
Rest up and stay well!
Currently, we are wrapping up winter track club practices, which began in December. Those who are in winter track club may continue to practice Friday 2/26 (senior lot), Monday 3/1 (senior lot), Wednesday 3/3 (TBD), and Friday 3/5 (TBD). Please do not attend at this point, if you have not already joined or spoken to Coach Kami about Winter Track Club as of today 2/25/20.
For Spring Track, please refer to all of the emails sent, as well as navigating through this website for date/times/tryout information.
1. Attached below is the tryout schedule.
2. In the tab to the left, you will find the track team information with automatic times/marks to make the track team. We surely accept many athletes who do not make these marks. We are looking for hard workers who are committed to learning Track & Field, with good character!
3. All forms must be turned into the athletic office (not any of your coaches) by Monday March 1, which is this coming Monday. (forms and instructions sent in email titled “spring track tryout information” sent on 2/5/21)
4. Athletes should get tested in as many areas as possible in the 2 days of tryouts for each gender. Look at the schedule to determine what you will do on each day. Every athlete is different. Sprinters should also get jumps or throws tested. Throwers should choose at least one other event. Those interested in pole vaulting should focus on going to pole vault testing, as Coach Lynch will do an overall testing of your ability. Most distance athletes and hurdlers focus on one event group, however, if you have another interest, please get tested in that area as well. It’s really up to you! What ever you can do to show us your “awesomeness!”
I hope that helps, and we look forward to getting the season started! The calendar has been updated with meets, and there will be additional meets added. Our athletic department and school district have been incredibly supportive in any and all efforts to have a full spring season! Fingers crossed.